Volunteering at ChildServe
ChildServe volunteers are found in every area of the organization. They offer friendship and care to the children we serve, and provide much-needed support so our staff can help each child live a great life! Volunteer opportunities are available for individuals and groups at every ChildServe location and for all of our services. There are many opportunities to be involved directly with the children, or to support children indirectly, based on your interests. Volunteers are needed during the day, evenings, and weekends. No experience is necessary. Time involvement will vary based on each volunteer’s schedule and availability. Opportunities can be scheduled on a one-time basis or as an ongoing volunteer opportunity.
Who Can Volunteer?
We're so grateful to the many individuals who give generously of their time to volunteer at ChildServe. We are blessed with fantastic volunteers, and we'd love for you to join us! Whether you are looking forward to meeting the amazing kids here at ChildServe, or are interested in supporting our mission in other ways, we encourage you to contact us today to learn about more opportunities..
Volunteer groups are always welcome at ChildServe! As all groups are different, we ask that you work with us to identify the opportunity that is best for your group's age, skill, and interest levels, while working within the current needs of the organization.We cannot always guarantee that group opportunities will be available, however, we strongly encourage you to contact us with ideas or inquiries.
- Some service areas may require an Influenza shot to volunteer.
Influenza is a highly contagious respiratory disease that can cause substantial illness and death among children with special healthcare needs. Children who are medically fragile are at increased risk of infection and death. Every effort needs to be made to protect the children we serve.
- 13 years and under can volunteer with a parent or guardian.
- 14 years and older can volunteer without a parent or guardian
- Minimum of 20 hours are required.
- Court-ordered volunteering service hours are not accepted
- We suggest anyone that is interested in possibly volunteer to come in for a tour, learn more about our organization, meet some of our children, the process of becoming a volunteer, and discuss the current volunteer opportunities.
- Amazing volunteers are welcome at ChildServe. We look for outgoing, enthusiastic, and energetic people to interact with children we serve!
- Many volunteering positions are with children who are non-verbal and in wheelchairs
Steps to become a Volunteer
How Do I Get Started?
Positive Impact is an email newsletter written for all ChildServe volunteers. To read our latest issue, click here!
“I like the smiles on the children's faces because it puts a bigger smile on my face!”
“Volunteering at ChildServe has taught me to communicate without receiving verbal responses. It has made my life richer.”
“Children can't ever be given too much love! I feel fortunate I'm able to contribute to their special lives.”