ChildServe provides comprehensive respiratory care services for children. Our team of pediatric respiratory therapists provides 24-hour specialty care. We believe that ALL children deserve the opportunity to experience life and have personal interactions regardless of their complex clinical needs.
- Optimal ventilation and, when possible, freedom from mechanical ventilation. We are capable of all levels of ventilatory support, both invasive and non-invasive.
- Sophisticated monitoring systems to best track respiratory status.
- All types of respiratory care including, but not limited to, chest physiotherapy, inhaled medication, and airway clearance therapy.
- A focus on individualized respiratory therapy and social interactions. We work with other members of the care team to provide a breadth of socialization opportunities.
- Emphasis on educating family and caregivers so the respiratory care of the child is an easy routine. We offer education in written and verbal forms. We demonstrate best practice for all respiratory cares and encourage hands-on practice at every visit.
- Experience with equipment similar to that which will be used at home, leading to a seamless transitional discharge plan. We coordinate with all care team members and home services to ensure all the child’s needs are met for discharge and beyond.
Multi-Disciplinary Care Teams
ChildServe offers a continuum of services for children with complex respiratory needs. Depending on the needs of each child, the care team may include the expertise and specialized care of a variety of professionals. We work as a team with primary-care physicians, pulmonology subspecialists, community providers, and other specialists to create personalized care plans that meet the unique needs of each child. We also develop benchmarks to evaluate the child’s progress.
- Respiratory Therapists
- Medical Director
- Care Coordinators
- Rehab Nurses
- Medical Social Workers
- Adaptive Equipment Specialists
- Aquatics Specialists
- Child Life Specialists
- Occupational Therapists
- Physical Therapists
- Recreational Therapists
- Speech-Language Pathologists
- Bronchial disorders
- Restrictive pulmonary disorders
- Asthma– action planning when necessary
- Invasive: Short- and long-term
- Non-Invasive: CPAP, BiPAP, and HFNC/VapoTherm
- Customized tracheostomy tubes
- Clinical decannulation: downsizing, capping trials, buttons
- Speaking valves: evaluation and trials
Families are involved in every aspect of their child’s care. Child