Adaptive Equipment (DME)
ChildServe's Adaptive Equipment Program (AEP) provides wheeled mobility products including customized seating and positioning services to children within our residential and community programs. Our goal is to maximize the functional independence of central Iowa kids with special health care needs through the use of assistive technology and adaptive equipment.
Our adaptive equipment specialists will inform you on seating and positioning which can help to reduce or slow the progression of physical deformities, often decreasing physical suffering and lessening the likelihood of most costly intervention later in life. It also allows for increased mobility and access to our community. Proper seating and positioning for children can enhance social development and even improve school attendance and grades.
- Home and adaptive equipment assessments completed by certified adaptive equipment specialists and therapists
- Seating and positioning
- Pressure mapping
- Molded seating systems
- Feeding Chairs
- Car seats
- Mobility and wheelchair provisions
- Power wheelchairs
- Manual wheelchairs
- Specialized walkers and gait trainers
- Augmentative and alternative communication devices
- Switch access assessment
- Aids to daily living
- Bath safety equipment
- Computer access
- Adaptive bikes
- Switch-controlled toys
- Client and family training
- Follow-up services
- Wheelchair washing
- Repair services by certified technicians
- Bath safety equipment, ambulatory aids (walkers, gait trainers, standers) and Aids for Daily Living allow for the completion of daily cares.
- Augmentative communication devices allow children with special health care needs to communicate their needs and feelings.
- Home modifications such as ramps or powered wheelchair lifts make it possible, in many cases, for children with special health care needs to live in their own home.
- Orthotics by our certified orthotist, including custom lower extremity orthotics, custom splinting, spinal orthotics, and post-surgical orthotics.
We accept most private insurance and Medicaid.