Speech-Language Pathology

ChildServe Speech Therapy

ChildServe's Speech-Language Pathologists evaluate and treat infants through young adults with communication, cognition, and/or functional feeding impairments.

Speech-Language Pathology services may address:
  • Speech Disorders
  • Language Disorders
  • Feeding/Swallowing Disorders
  • Oral-motor Disorders
  • Cognitive Therapy associated with
    Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
  • Voice
  • Aural Rehabilitation – Hearing Loss, Cochlear Implants
  • Augmentative / Alternative Communication Devices
  • Play Therapy / Social Skills
  • Picky Eaters / Feeding Therapy
  • Fluency
Specialized Services
  • FEES (Fiberoptic Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing)
  • VitalStim
Question Mark Icon

Does my child need speech therapy?

Your child may be referred for speech/language therapy services if he/she exhibits any of the following:

  • Multiple errors in speech and is not understood by 3 years of age
  • Inconsistent errors, unintelligible speech, extremely limited numbers of sounds
  • Does not make eye contact and or take turns with actions or vocalizations by 6 months of age, or does not recognize objects or pictures by 2 years of age
  • Non-verbal or speaks only in single words at 2.5 years of age; or if unable to produce complete, complex sentences by 4 years of age
  • Trouble recalling and using new information because of problems with language, attention and memory
  • Difficulty forming friendships because he/she is unable to interact with others at an age-appropriate level, such as following rules of conversation
  • Voice does not sound right (i.e. hoarse, raspy, breathy or if the child likes to scream or talk loudly)
  • Stuttering
  • Drooling beyond 4 years of age
  • Inability to manage the transition to table foods; difficulty with feeding or swallowing


Jenelle Clabaugh


Medical Social Worker

Phone Icon Jenelle Clabaugh 515-727-1561 Medical Social Worker   
515 727-1561
Pam Payeur


Medical Social Worker

Phone Icon Pam Payeur 515 727-1533 Medical Social Worker   
515 727-1533