ChildServe currently holds a three-year accreditation from CARF International. The following services are accredited by CARF:
- SCL (Hourly)
- SCL Homes
- Day Habilitation
- Day Health – Autism and Medical
- Case Management
- Mental Health
- Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA)
- Outpatient Rehabilitation services
- Inpatient Rehabilitation services
We hold specialty accreditations in Pediatrics, Brain Injury, Spinal Cord, Medically Fragile Population and Autism.
Our accreditation is a public commitment that we strive to:
- Involve persons served and their families in their service planning.
- Respect individual cultural preferences.
- Be accountable to our funding sources, referral agencies, and the community at large.
- Address health and safety concerns, such as building safety and emergency preparedness.
- Maintain management practices that are efficient, cost-effective, and based on outcomes and consumer satisfaction.
CARF International is an independent, nonprofit accreditor of health and human services providers in the areas of Aging Services, Behavioral Health, Child and Youth Services, Employment and Community Services, Medical Rehabilitation, Opioid Treatment Programs, and Vision Rehabilitation Services. CARF assists providers in improving the quality of their services by applying sets of quality standards during a consultative on-site survey.
Iowa Recognition for Performance Excellence
In 2019, ChildServe was selected by the Iowa Recognition for Performance Excellence (IRPE) program for recognition at the BRONZE level. The IRPE is a Baldrige-criteria based program managed by the Iowa Quality Center.
The Baldrige criteria help organizations identify strengths and opportunities for improvement; provide training for continuous improvement and leadership development; and assure customer focus, efficiency, and workforce engagement. The first time we received this recognition in 2010, ChildServe was only the 8th healthcare facility in Iowa to be recognized by the IRPE.
American Camp Association
ACA goes beyond basic requirements for health, cleanliness, and food service into specific areas of programming, including camp staff from director through counselors, emergency management plans, healthcare, and management.
- Staff to camper ratios are appropriate for different age groups.
- Goals for camp activities are developmentally based.
- Emergency transportation is available at all times.
- First-aid facilities and trained staff are available when campers are present.
State of Iowa Quality Rating System
ARCH National Respite Network and Resource Center
ChildServe Respite has been recognized by the ARCH National Respite Network and Resource Center as a 2020 Innovative and Exemplary Respite Service. ARCH recognizes ChildServe’s ability to serve to inspire and inform the respite field and the public, and help to build and promote greater respite opportunities for caregivers across the network and nation.
ChildServe Respite meets or exceeds ARCH standards used to identify Innovative and Exemplary Programs. The program:
- offers an array of respite options based on the priorities and needs of caregivers and receivers in a person-and-family-centered way.
- offers outreach to families to ensure their priorities and needs are addressed in a person-and-family-centered way.
- demonstrates great clarity of purpose in its goals.
- develops a manual to allow replication of approach.
- rigorously measures outputs, outcomes, access, and satisfaction, as well as measurement related to training and education.
ChildServe has received accreditation in Durable Medical Equipment, Prosthetics, Orthotics, and Supplies from the Accreditation Commission for Health Care (ACHC). ACHC is a nationally– recognized accreditation leader, which embodies excellence, integrity, and unparalleled service.
ChildServe improves the health and well-being of 5,200 children each year through specialized clinical, home, and community-based programs and services. We serve children with developmental delays, disabilities, injuries, and other special healthcare needs.