Hours: Monday – Friday 6:30a.m. to 6p.m.
Safe, Nurturing Environment
Our childcare program in Johnston, Iowa, creates a safe, nurturing place for children aged 6 weeks to 5 years old to explore, learn, and grow. Whether your student is on track developmentally or has specific healthcare needs, ChildServe is ready to partner with you.
Children learn best by doing. We teach meaningful content in ways kids get excited about. Imaginative play, songs, crafts, and fieldtrips help bring learning to life. Onsite options for dancing, swimming, and music classes allow you to avoid spending time as the family bus driver. Instead, you’ll be able to free up your after evening hours to be together.
Lesson goals are based on age and ability. We focus on emotional development through our Positive Behavior Intervention Support (PBIS) classroom model. The PBIS model teaches children to be respectful, safe, and responsible.
Degree certified and tenured teachers
High scores on the Iowa Quality Rating System
Curriculum that focuses on critical developmental areas
The ability to adapt to support many healthcare needs
Secure buildings to keep children safe
Outdoor play spaces for each age range
Newsletters with activity announcements and photos
Special events for parent interaction
Schedule your tour today!
Teachers shape students
Learn, Grow & Explore
Handwriting Without Tears
Infants & Toddlers
Per child/ week.
2 Year Olds
Per child/ week.
3, 4 & 5 Year Old Preschool
Per child/ week.
Map & Directions
5609 Greendale Road
Johnston, IA 50131
When is childcare available?
Does childcare close on any holiday?
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Friday following Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
If a holiday falls on a Saturday or Sunday, it will be observed on Friday or Monday. Our centers are closed on Martin Luther King Day to conduct full-day professional development training for center staff.
Operating hours for Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve may be reduced.
The center will make every effort to remain open during inclement weather.
Can I visit my child?
How much does it cost?
What if my child has food allergies?
Can I send birthday treats with my child?
What type of licensing does ChildServe’s Childcare fall under?
Does ChildServe participate in the Federal Child and Adult Care Food Program?
How does the ChildServe Childcare program work toward equality and non-discrimination?
ChildServe is firmly committed to the concepts and practice of equal opportunity and non-discrimination. We administer our programs for children and our employment practices without regard to race, gender, religion, age, cultural heritage marital status, sexual orientation, political belief, veteran status, national origin, disability,or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Our center is inclusive and we will make reasonable accommodations, based on the child’s special needs and our abilities to meet those needs. If your child is in special education at a public school, we require a copy of his or her Individual Education Plan (IEP) or similar document for inclusion in the child’s file. This will allow our teachers to provide the best possible care and learning for your child.
- We observe the updated Civil Rights Statement from the Bureau of Nutrition and Health Services which states: “In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.
- If you have any questions or grievances related to compliance with this policy by the CNP provider, please contact email@example.com or follow the website link: https://www.fns.usda.gov/civil-rights/usda-nondiscrimination-statement- other-fns-programs
- Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.”
- It is the policy of this CNP provider not to discriminate on the basis on race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or religion in its programs, activities, or employment practices as required by the Iowa Code section 216.7 and 216.9. If you have questions or grievances related to compliance with this policy by this CNF Provider, please contact the Iowa Civil Rights Commission, Grimes State Office Building, 400 E. 14th St., Des Moines, IA 40319-1004; phone number 515-281-4121, 800-457-4416; web site: https://www.state.is.us/government/crc/index.html.
ChildServe improves the health and well-being of more than 5,600 children each year through specialized clinical, home, and community-based programs and services. We serve children with developmental delays, disabilities, injuries, and other special healthcare needs.