Exceptional Support from Head to Toe
Why choose ChildServe?
in Durable Medical Equipment, Prosthetics, Orthotics, and Supplies (DMEPOS).
Who We Serve
We Know Kids
We Care About Families
Expert Orthotic Support
Our Team of Specialists
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible to receive Orthotics services?
- Cerebral Palsy
- Bone fractures
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Spina Bifida
- Asymmetric Brachycephaly
How are referrals made?
Referrals can be made calling 515-331-4518, or by using the contact form below. Our Orthotist will help identify a funding source and send out an application for services.
How are services authorized and funded?
Where are services provided?
- ChildServe – Ames
- ChildServe – Johnston
We also offer on-site orthotic services for children enrolled in childcare at the ChildServe Childcare Center in Johnston or children receiving Day Health services at our Des Moines location.
When are services provided?
- Monday through Thursday from 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m
What kinds of Lower Extremity braces are offered?
- Custom plastic and metal ankle-foot (AFO) and knee-ankle-foot (KAFO) systems
- Custom hip-knee-ankle-foot orthoses (HKAFO)
- Flexion/extension control
- Varus/valgus control
- Dorsiflexion/plantarflexion control
- Hip abduction orthoses (SWASH, Scottish-Rite Orthoses, Maple Leaf Orthoses)
- Reciprocating gait orthosis (RGO)
- Dynamic ankle foot orthoses (Cascade style)
- Fracture bracing
- Custom and prefabricated knee orthoses
- Soft AFO night splints
- Supramalleolar orthoses (SMO) (Surestep and Cascade styles)
What kinds of Upper Extremity braces are offered?
- Custom fracture orthoses
- Custom and prefabricated elbow orthoses
- Custom and prefabricated wrist hand orthoses (WHO)
What kinds of Spinal Orthoses are offered?
- Spinal Orthoses
- Custom and prefabricated cervical orthoses
- Custom molded body jackets – thorocolumbar lumbar sacral orthoses (TLSO)
- Custom soft TLSO
- Scoliosis control TLSO
- Custom and prefabricated neoprene vests (Benik) and corsets
What kinds of Foot Orthoses are offered?
- Custom longitudinal arch supports
- Custom UCBL foot supports
- Depth inlay and custom-fitted shoes
- Custom-molded shoes
- Modifications to shoes (heel/sole lifts)
ChildServe - Johnston
ChildServe - Ames
ChildServe improves the health and well-being of more than 4,500 children each year through specialized clinical, home, and community-based programs and services. We serve children with developmental delays, disabilities, acquired injuries, and other special healthcare needs.