Assessing Skills, Protecting Athletes
If an athlete gets a concussion during the season, ChildServe specialists use the information gathered during the concussion baseline screening to compare an athlete’s pre-injury abilities to their post-injury abilities and determine how severe the injury is and what impairments are present. Therapists in ChildServe‘s concussion program can then partner with the athlete, coaches, and family to identify a safe return-to-play progression that will lessen the risk of a second concussion, serious brain injury, and other long-term health effects.
Did you know?
Why choose ChildServe?
in pediatrics, inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation, with a specialization in brain injury.
, SCATSCAT stands for Sport Concussion Assessment Tool. SCAT is a standardized tool used to evaluate injured athletes for concussion.
, and ImPACTImPACT stands for Immediate Post-Concussion Assessment and Cognitive Testing. ImPACT is a computerized concussion management tool used to assess the brain after an injury.
Who We Serve
Assessments and Technology
- ImPACT Neurocognitive Testing is a computerized test that gives specific information on how the brain processes information related to memory, sequencing, concentration, processing, and reaction time.
- Dynavision tests the body’s vision and balance systems to learn how they impact decision-making and concentration under stress.
- Balance Testing assesses the body’s reactions while in different positions.
- Vision Testing measures how accurately someone can visually scan across a page within a specific timeframe.
- Cognitive Screenings study how quickly the brain processes information related to memory, sequencing, and concentration.
Expert Pediatric Team
Our Team of Pediatric Concussion Specialists
Frequently Asked Questions
How are referrals made?
How much does this service cost?
Where are services provided?
When are services provided?
- Monday through Thursday from 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m
If you need to make a referral or schedule/reschedule an evaluation please call (515) 251-5555.
If you have additional questions, please use the contact form below.
ChildServe Center - Johnston
ChildServe improves the health and well-being of more than 4,500 children each year through specialized clinical, home, and community-based programs and services. We serve children with developmental delays, disabilities, acquired injuries, and other special healthcare needs.