Why choose ChildServe?
Who We Serve
We Know Kids
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible to participate in Day Habilitation services?
How are referrals made?
- Ames: 515-817-2231
- Johnston: 515-727-1489
How are services authorized and funded?
Where and when are services provided?
- ChildServe – Johnston: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. year round
- Designated location in Ames: 9:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. during the summer
- Designated location in Johnston: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. during the summer and spring/winter breaks
Individuals may choose full day options with a consistent schedule throughout the session.
I'm interested in enrolling - what happens next?
A meeting will be scheduled to complete an assessment, develop care plans and goals, and schedule of services for your child. The assessment may include evaluations provided by nursing, OT, PT, Speech and behavior support disciplines at ChildServe. Goals, objectives, and identified support services will be established based on each individual’s needs and preferences. The plan will be implemented within 30 days of the initial assessment/care team meeting.
How will I learn about my child’s activities at Day Habilitation?
- Date, time, and location of services provided
- Daily account of goals/objectives and supports provided
- Daily summary/narrative that specifically highlights staff interactions, participant’s responses, progress on goals, and any unusual occurrences
- Documentation of all medications administered and/or specific treatments provided
How does ChildServe monitor my child’s growth?
- The individual’s supervisor will review all documentation on a weekly basis.
- The case manager provides ongoing monitoring and authorization of services.
- ChildServe will communicate with case managers and families at a minimum on a quarterly basis to discuss the individual’s progress.
- ChildServe will participate in the annual care team meetings at the time waiver services are reauthorized for the new waiver year.
Does ChildServe discriminate?
View our Annual Outcomes
If you would like to make a referral, or if you have questions for our team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include which location you are interested in so we can connect you with the right team member.
ChildServe Center - Johnston
ChildServe Center - Ames
ChildServe improves the health and well-being of 4,600 children each year through specialized clinical, home, and community-based programs and services. We serve children with developmental delays, disabilities, injuries, and other special healthcare needs.