Expert Concussion Care
Why choose ChildServe?
in pediatrics, inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation, with a specialization in brain injury.
ChildServe offers cutting-edge facilities and specialized technology including SCATSCAT stands for Sport Concussion Assessment Tool. SCAT is a standardized tool used to evaluate injured athletes for concussion.
, and ImPACTImPACT stands for Immediate Post-Concussion Assessment and Cognitive Testing. ImPACT is a computerized concussion management tool used to assess the brain after an injury.
, and vestibular-ocular equipment such as the Bioness Integrated Therapy System (BITS)BITS technology helps ChildServe specialists develop individual rehabilitation plans for each child or young adult. and DynavisionDynavision is a leading technology used in the assessment and rehabilitation of concussions. The program helps ChildServe specialists develop individual rehabilitation plans for each child or young adult..
Who We Serve
Leading Technology & Assessments
ChildServe’s Concussion Clinic uses industry-leading technology to assess and care for children and young adults recovering from concussions.
- ImPACT® (Immediate Post-Concussion Assessment and Cognitive Testing) was developed by clinical experts who pioneered the field. ImPACT is the most-widely used and most scientifically validated computerized concussion evaluation system. ImPACT provides trained clinicians at ChildServe with neurocognitive assessment tools and services that have been medically accepted as state-of-the-art best practices.
- The Sport Concussion Assessment Tool (SCAT) helps evaluate balance, coordination, cognition, symptoms, and neurological damage.
- Both BITS and Dynavision are used for vestibular-ocular testing and rehabilitation. These technologies are used to measure the body’s vision and balance function and how they impact decision-making and concentration under stress.
Expert Pediatric Team
Our Team of Pediatric Concussion Specialists
Frequently Asked Questions
How are referrals made?
To schedule your initial visit or to refer a child, contact our Concussion Clinic in your area:
- Ames: 515-232-7220
- Johnston: 515-251-5555
- Iowa City: 319-351-5437
Who can make referrals?
Referrals can be made by the child’s parent/guardian, physicians, case managers, therapists, or other members of the child’s care team.
How are services authorized and funded?
Where are services provided?
ChildServe‘s Concussion Clinic is offered at our locations in Ames, Johnston, and Iowa City. For Concussion Clinic appointments at ChildServe in Johnston, enter through Welcome Center A.
When are services provided?
The Concussion Clinic’s hours of operation are as follows:
- Monday-Thursday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Fridays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
How long will my first visit last?
The initial evaluation is multi-disciplinary and lasts up to 2.5 hours based on the testing that could be recommended.
If you would like to make a referral, or if you have questions for our team, please email email@example.com. Be sure to include which location you are interested in so we can connect you with the right team member.
ChildServe Center - Johnston
ChildServe Center - Ames
ChildServe Center - Iowa City
ChildServe improves the health and well-being of 4,600 children each year through specialized clinical, home, and community-based programs and services. We serve children with developmental delays, disabilities, injuries, and other special healthcare needs.