ChildServe is pleased to announce new names for two of our unique day programs and one location.
- Autism Day Health is now the Autism Day Program.
- Medical Day Health is now Medical Childcare.
- The Johnston Childcare Center (the building) is now the ChildServe Developmental Center.
Each of these new names was carefully chosen to describe what we do more clearly, as well as help families and providers find us more easily. Here are a few reasons why we made these changes:
- Like the service itself, the name “Day Health” is unique to ChildServe. We have found that it can be confusing for families who are searching for specialized weekday care options.
- Medical Childcare and Autism Day Program are more standard terms used in the healthcare industry, which will make it easier for families to find us.
- The Johnston Childcare Center has increased the number of services it provides in recent years. It currently offers our Autism Day Program, ABA, and outpatient therapy along with our Childcare classrooms. We wanted this location name to reflect our multiple services focused on helping young children explore, learn and grow.
ChildServe improves the health and well-being of nearly 5,800 children each year through specialized clinical, home, and community-based programs and services. We serve children with developmental delays, disabilities, injuries, and other special healthcare needs.