Pediatric Palliative Care Course
This course covers topics such as the impact of illness on childhood development, spirituality in healthcare, end of life care, and more. Classes begin in February and continue on a monthly basis throughout the year. 12 hours of CEU credit are available, if all classes are attended.
Registration ends January 23, 2023.
February – December 2023 | Download the PDF for Specific Dates.
1 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. Zoom
External Registrants | $150
ChildServe Team Members | Free
Presenter: Stephanie Nemmers-Bello |Director of Nursing at ChildServe
At the conclusion of the course, participants should be able to:
1. Describe palliative care
2. List who benefits from palliative care
3. Understand barriers to providing and receiving palliative care
4. Communicate effectively with children and families
5. List ways to ease illness burden for children based on their stage of development
6. Describe pain assessment techniques
7. Understand spiritual development in different ages of children
8. Define the role of the child in decision-making
9. Recognize the signs of compassion fatigue
ChildServe improves the health and well-being of more than 5,600 children each year through specialized clinical, home, and community-based programs and services. We serve children with developmental delays, disabilities, injuries, and other special healthcare needs.