ChildServe to Host Pediatric Complex Care Conference
ChildServe team members welcome experts from across the country for the annual conference on September 28-30.
It’s rare to find organizations providing the same level of complex medical care we offer at ChildServe, but once a year, similar organizations from across the country gather in one place for the Pediatric Complex Care Association (PCCA) annual conference. This year, ChildServe is excited to host the conference in Des Moines from Wednesday, September 28 – Friday, September 30!
On Wednesday, the event kicks off with a tour of ChildServe’s Johnston location, giving attendees the opportunity to see our mission in action. On Thursday, the educational portion of conference begins. Experts from all over the country will cover a variety of important topics. This includes multiple ChildServe team members, who will present on the following:
- Dawn Schwartz – Vice President of Care Quality | “Through Potholes & Puddles: The Rough Road to Resilience”
- Kirsten Smith – Rehabilitation Manager, SLP/OT | “Rewarding Excellence & Promoting Growth: Development of a Clinical Ladder”
- Deann Pifer – Vice President – Outpatient Services | “Telehealth in Pediatric Complex Care: Innovations & Lessons Learned”
- Maria Johnson – Inpatient Pediatric Nurse Practitioner | “Infection Prevention Interventions: Improving Hand Hygiene Behaviors”
- Kelly Betsworth – Behavioral Health Manager & Molly Vander Ley – Clinical Learning & Development Specialist / Occupational Health Nurse | “The Roadmap to a Trauma-Informed Organization”
- Kimberly Donner – Speech-Language Pathologist | Passy Muir Valves: Clinical Benefits Beyond Communication”
- Kim Darrah – Orthotist, & Laura Freeman – Prosthetist Orthotist | “Art & Innovation: Orthotic Management for Children with Medical Complexity”
- Leah Brandon, DO – Medical Director | “A Way to Get Home: Need Driven Development of a Home Enteral Nutrition Clinic”
- Maria Johnson – Inpatient Pediatric Nurse Practitioner | “Caring Heart – Strategies to Bring Care Quality to the Front-Line Care Providers”
- Lisa Fox – Child Life Specialist | “The Caribou Effect”
We can’t wait to use what we learn to continue improving services for families in Iowa!
ChildServe improves the health and well-being of 5,200 children each year through specialized clinical, home, and community-based programs and services. We serve children with developmental delays, disabilities, injuries, and other special healthcare needs.