Join us on Wednesday, August 17 for the Sensory-Friendly Morning at the Iowa State Fair, presented by ChildServe!
On the Iowa State Fair’s webpage for the Sensory-Friendly Morning, you can find helpful resources to plan ahead and purchase tickets for entry and parking. Here are a few highlights parents of children with special healthcare needs may want to know about:
- A guide & map to the programming/spaces that are adapted to be more sensory-friendly on the morning of August 17. Please take special note of the Calming Room, sponsored by ChildServe, which is available to help those needing time to be calm or recharge! (It’s also available on request throughout the fair).
- A social story to help your child know what to expect at the fair.
- A video tour of the grounds and where to find things. Scroll down on the webpage to find it.
- An adult-sized, adjustable changing table is available throughout the entire fair (9 a.m. -12 a.m.) in the First Aid building marked with a red cross under the sky glider near Fun Forest.
- Interpreters for Spanish and ASL will be available. Details in the FAQ on the webpage.
ChildServe improves the health and well-being of 5,200 children each year through specialized clinical, home, and community-based programs and services. We serve children with developmental delays, disabilities, injuries, and other special healthcare needs.