Sibshops is a unique program designed for the siblings of children who have special healthcare needs. ChildServe’s Behavioral Health team is excited to launch a series of Sibshops events in 2022.
Brothers and sisters are often our longest lasting relationships. Sibshops is a curriculum designed to celebrate and support these amazing siblings or “sibs” of the children we serve at ChildServe. Sibshops provide sibs (ages 6 -12 years old) with peer support and information in a fun, recreational setting similar to a day camp.
At ChildServe, children will enjoy lively, pedal-to-the-metal events where they will:
- Meet other kids who have a sibling with special healthcare needs.
- Talk about the good parts and the hard parts of having a sibling with special needs.
- Learn about the services their sibling receives.
- Explore how other kids handle sticky situations sometimes faced by their siblings
- Laugh, play games, most importantly, have fun!
The first Sibshops event will be held in January 2022 in Johnston. To learn more or register, click here.
ChildServe improves the health and well-being of more than 5,600 children each year through specialized clinical, home, and community-based programs and services. We serve children with developmental delays, disabilities, injuries, and other special healthcare needs.