Weather-related Service Closures & Updates
Updated December 22, 2022 at 3:00 p.m.
ChildServe in Ames
- Thursday 12/22: Delayed Start – Childcare in Ames: Due to anticipated weather conditions, we are planning for a late start Thursday, December 22. We will be opening at 7:30 a.m. versus our usual 6:30 a.m. We will continue to watch the weather throughout the upcoming days to determine any further closures.
- Thursday 12/22: No In-person Services – Outpatient Therapy, ABA, Respite, SCL, Medical Childcare and Autism Day Program.
- Friday 12/23: All services will be available from 7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Both buildings will be open (1915 and 2010 Philadelphia). We encourage families to monitor the road conditions for their travel and make the safest decision for their family. Please keep us informed of your attendance plans by calling (515) 232-7220.
- Take advantage of telehealth! Families in Occupational, Speech, and Physical Therapy are encouraged to reach out to your therapist if you wish to transition to a telehealth appointment. You may also call contact Patient Services at 515.232.7220 or by email at AmesPatientServices@childserve.org.
- Any additional delays or closures will be communicated via email, the Tadpoles app, the Ames ChildServe Facebook page, and on this webpage.
ChildServe in Johnston (Outpatient & Developmental Center)
- Thursday 12/22: ChildServe‘s Outpatient Therapy services are closing at 4:00 p.m. today. We are currently in the process of contacting affected families.
- Any additional delays or closures will be communicated via the Johnston ChildServe Facebook page and on this webpage.
ChildServe in Iowa City
- Due to winter weather conditions, the ChildServe Iowa City clinics (Coralville and Coral Ridge) will be closed all day Thursday, December 22, and Friday, December 23.
ChildServe improves the health and well-being of 5,700 children each year through specialized clinical, home, and community-based programs and services. We serve children with developmental delays, disabilities, injuries, and other special healthcare needs.